Marriott International, Inc
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to both Marriott International and property ownership. Ensures implementation of the Marriott brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, increased profit and market share. Holds property leadership team accountable for strategy execution, and guides their individual professional development. The position ensures Marriott International sales engines are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand. Ensures the objectives and goals of Marriott and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success. Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results. The position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers. Represents Marriott Hotels & Resorts and JW brand values in all leadership actions.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
• General Manager experience in limited or full service property.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and late nights.
• Property industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.